DIY : Hibiscus Tea Rinse for Natural Hair

 
 How about some tea...for your hair?!

A tea rinse is a treatment for your hair in which you basically brew a tea and drench your hair in it. What your hair receives from the rinse varies with the tea you choose. Black tea and green tea contain caffeine and it's believed rinsing your hair with it will promote hair growth.

After reading quite a few articles about tea rinses, I thought about making a hibiscus tea rinse for myself! Of course I looked up the possible benefits of using hibiscus tea. It turns out that in addition to promoting  hair growth, it discourages split ends, and prevents premature hair greying.
 
When to Use It
The consensus is that the order for using your tea rinse during your wash day regimen is to:

1. Shampoo , 2. Tea Rinse, & 3. Deep Condition. 

Tea rinses tend to give your hair a hard feeling. Using a deep conditioner, adds that softness back to your hair.

How to Make It
Here's how I made my Hibiscus Tea Rinse. Most tea rinses are made from teabags containing dried herbs, but I see hibiscus flowers everywhere on my way to and from work and other places so I figured why not pick a few and make it fresh. Here's a video of my DIY below! 
 


It is way to soon for me to share my thoughts on what the tea rinse is doing to my hair if anything at all so I will be following up on this after a few months. 

Have you tried tea rinsing? Let me know your thoughts on it! 
 
References: Article 1 Article 2  Article 3

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment