LAZY DAY 4C NATURAL HAIR BUN : Perfect for Lazy Naturals

"...the less you do to your hair, the better off it is." -Mika
 
Have you ever wished that you could just snap your fingers or blink and your hair is done? I have too! Sorry to burst your bubble, but until we get a magic lamp it's not going to happen any time soon. However, there are ways to quickly style our hair for those lazy days. My lazy day care free bun is my go to hair style for those days when I just don't  care to dedicate more than a few minutes to styling my hair.  
 
Even if you're not a lazy natural, this look is great for the days when you have 3 minutes to get your hair done and get out the door. There are also benefits to rocking buns like this.
 
Benefits of Lazy Day Buns
 
Minimal Hair Manipulation - Sometimes the less you do to your hair, the better off it is. If you're not doing much to it, there's less opportunities for your hair to experience any breakage which allows noticeable growth over time.
 
Spares Tension on Edges - In the lazy bun tutorial below, you can see that there was a lot of slack in my Ouchless Goody Headband. So much in fact that I had to secure the excess with a knot. This gives my edges a break from tension that tends to happen when creating tight, cleaner looking buns.  

Let Go and Let Frizz - A care free bun should have somewhat of a messy look so there's absolutely no need for a ridiculous amount of gel usage or brushing. I spritzed my hair with water for moisture and sealed that in with African Royale's Hot Six Oil.


I'm trying to do as little to my hair as possible to reduce breakage that is an obvious given with my 4c hair. This bun is definitely something I will be wearing to let my hair be. 




post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment