4c Kinky Hair Product Review: Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave -In & Shea Yogurt Hair Moisturizer

Hey everyone! Back in October, I finally got my hands on some Alikay Naturals products for the first time ever. I attended a local hair event and not only was there an Alikay Naturals booth, but the CEO of Alikay Natural's, Rochelle Graham aka BlackOnyx77 on YouTube, was there doing hairstyle demos. Ahhhhh! Yes I did have a fan girl moment. Anyways, two of the products that I purchased for my hair were the Alikay Natural's Lemongrass Leave-In Conditioner and the Alikay Natural's Shea Yogurt Hair Moisturizer.

Both the Lemongrass Leave-In Conditioner and Shea Yogurt Hair Moisturizer are recommended for kinky hair as indicated by the hair typing system on the labeling.  

Both products have a consistent smell of Lemongrass that I absolutely loved! My boyfriend asked if I was baking Lemon Cake (one of his faves) when I first used these products in my hair. It filled the room and hallway with it's fragrance. So now I know what I can improvise with when I'm out of air freshener.

OVERALL RATING
 Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-In
5 out of 5 Luvs

Alikay Naturals Shea Yogurt
5 out of 5 Luvs

 How Did I Use Them: I incorporated these products into my LOC (Liquid Oil Cream) method of moisturizing my hair. First I would moisturize a section at a time with the Lemongrass Leave-In (my liquid). Then I would use whatever hair oils I had on hand as you guessed it my oil. Then I would seal in all that moisture with the Alikay Naturals Shea Yogurt, (my cream). I used this method for all styles and even when I just wanted to put my hair in big braids to sleep at night.


How Did That Work Out: My hair was super moisturized as a result of using the LOC method with these products. Not only was my moisturized but that moisture was long lasting. In a weeks time, I only need to remoisturize my hair maybe once. I absolutely loved that I could just retwist/braid my hair at night and not have to use products on a daily basis.


RECOMMENDATIONS

Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-In 
I would definitely recommend that you dilute the Leave-In. It works great in it's concentrated form however I found that I was going through it way too quickly. One of the sales representatives at the booth did make that recommendation, but I was afraid to compromise the efficacy of the product. I did end up diluting the leave in half way through it and again when there was only a quarter amount of the diluted form left. By diluting it, the leave in has lasted me from October up until mid February. Other than that Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-In is the business (or whatever the hip word is at the moment... on fleek maybe?)
 

Alikay Naturals Shea Yogurt
"A Little Goes A Long Way" definitely applies to this product. If you think you have enough on your finger, you should probably put a little bit back. You cannot be heavy handed with this product or you will be Soul Glo-ing in no time I promise you. If you do find that you used to much and the product is just sitting on you hair strands, just wipe it off with an old t-shirt and you'll be fine.
 

 INGREDIENTS

Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-In:  Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(Aloe Vera Juice) , Cetearyl Alcohol(Coconut derived), Stearalkonium Chloride(Coconut derived), Silk Amino Acids(Natural protein), Vegetable Glycerin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Cymbopogon Flexosus ( Lemongrass) Oil Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Natural Detangling Agent), Sorbic Acid(Food Grade Preservative), Fragrance (Parfum), Color Additives, Botanical Blend

Alikay Naturals Shea Yogurt Moisturizer:  Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Botanical Blend , Fragrance

I absolutely love these products and would definitely repurchase them.

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment