BREAD, MILK, BACON, & AUDITIONS


 I made a grocery list just before I headed out from home. There were the usual items like bread, milk, bacon, and icecream, but there was something else on there. At the very top of my list of things to get or do was an AUDITION. The U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Tourism is collaborating with St.Thomas born and rase, international reggae artist Pressure "BussPipe" to produce a new Virgin Islands commercial featuring Pressure's new hit "Virgin Islands Nice". 
 
 
 

Auditioning for various productions (photoshoots, commercials, etc.) has always been something that I was interested in doing, but never actually gathered the courage to follow through with.  I would always chicken out and give in to self doubt thoughts like "You won't get picked anyway." or "What if they laugh or don't like you?".   I would just brush off an opportunity that I was genuinely interested in because of something as silly as FEAR.   However, THIS IS 2014 *Leonidus from 300 voice*.  I'm about improving myself in all aspects and trying things that I'm interested in is one of those aspects.  
 
I am about collaborating with like- minded people, creating awesomeness, and growing. 
 
1st Audition Ever!!! 3/15/2014 Number 199
 
Make no mistake, the feelings of self doubt were still there, but the vision of a better Mika made the self doubt disappear.  Besides there was such a diverse group of people in line, all auditioning for the same commercial.  All with things about them self that they may not necessarily like, yet they had the courage to audition.  I found comfort and support in that. 

The audition went by super fast from the moment they called "199", my number, to the end. I got in front of that camera with my number in hand and gave my best smile and my best smize (smile with your eyes = smize).  I even did a 360 so they could see all the plus size loveliness that is me. 

With such a wide range of people that the production team is looking for and the amount of people that auditioned my chances of being selected are pretty slim, but none of that matters.  What matters to me is that they got to see me and that I did something that I would usually chicken out from doing. 
 
It felt great and I will be doing it again and again and again.


Whatever it is you want to try or do, just do it and be yourself?
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment