2 EASY BUNS FOR NATURAL HAIR : WORKS GREAT FOR 4C HAIR



I love my natural hair, but there are some days,most days actually, that I don't want to do to much to it. There are days when i don't want to get up a half hour or more early just to make sure that twist out comes out right. For those lazy days, I put my hair up in a bun because they are so easy to whip up. I got home from work and decided to take some pics of the steps to make two buns that I sport regularly. 


Hair condition: My hair is medium length and has been stretched from being in buns. 

Supplies
 
Water in a Spray Bottle
Hair Oil (Jojoba, Argan, Coconut, or any mixture)
Hair Gel (I use EcoStyler Gel)
Soft Bristle Brush
Bobby Pins
Goody Ouchless Headband
 
 
 
For both styles you need to lightly spray your hair with water to refresh it with some moisture if it's dry.  Seal that moisture in with an oil of your choosing. Take a small amount of hair gel, rub it in your hands, and smooth it in an upward motion around the edges of your hairline. Lightly brush all of your hair in an upward motion to where your bun will be. Finally secure your hair in a pony tail puff. 

Now you're ready to turn that puff into a bun!
 
 
THE BOW BUN

  •  Separate your puff into two sections, one on the left and one on the right. 
  • Loosely twist the very ends of each section. You should end up looking like you have two natural hair helicopter blades on your head.
 
  • Pin the end of each twist to the center and back part of your bun with bobby pins (or simply tuck the ends under the Goody hairband! .    

That's It! You can easily do this style on old twist outs to get a bow with a bit more texture.



THE TWISTED CROWN BUN

  • Separate your puff into four sections. I'm sorry it'll look even more like a helicopter than the first bun for a bit. 

  • Two-strand twist each section from beginning to end. 
  • Pin the end of each twist under the the beginning of the twist next to it. It took me a couple minutes to try to describe how I pin it so I hope the visual below helps. 
 

That's it! For a more voluminous bun you can also try this style without twisting the sections. 



See how easy that was! Perfect lazy day buns for those days when you don't want to be in the mirror forever playing with your hair, but still look put together. 

If you try these buns in your hair or any other buns please feel free to share them on my LuvMika87 Facebook Page, @luvmika87 on Instagram, @luvmika87 on Twitter. You can also pin any of the photos you see here onto your Pinterest boards.


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment