#1 Hair of the Day (HOTD): Flat Twist Crown w/ Bun

Happy Friday! Here's my first Hair of the Day (HOTD) blog! This protective style is super simple and can be worn anywhere from work, out running errands, or even out to something a bit more fancy! 



What You Need:
Bobby Pins
Smooth bristle brush
Goody Ouchless hair band
Rat Tail Comb
Wide Toothed Comb

Hair Prepping  Products:

Argon Oil
Water
Cantu Grow Strong Strengthening TreatmentI worked these products through my hair and lightly detangled each section right before I started styling. 



What To Do

 I parted the front section for the flat twist crown with the rat tail comb from ear to ear. I wanted to do the flat twist first so I secured the back half of my hair out of the way with the hair band. I flat twisted from one side of my head to the other side and continued twisting to the end. After working the hair prepping products in to the back section of my hair, I brushed the section in an upward motion to give my hair smooth finish. Next I took the Goody Hair Band and secured the section into a  wide puff high on my head. 

Then I took one chunky section at a time from the puff, two strand twisted it, and bobby pinned them underneath the adjacent twist. Make sure to keep the two strand twists loose to produce a big bun. Finally I secured the end of the flat twist crown under the bun with the bobby pin.

No comments :

Post a Comment