#2 Hair of the Day (HOTD) Tutorial: High Bun w/ Twist Out Bangs

Hey everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR! I had a long Christmas/New Year break since my son's daycare was closed from the 24th of December all the way to today! As fortunate as I was to get time off to relax and stay home with him, I waited til' last night to wash and condition my hair for work in the morning. I knew that I would get a lot of shrinkage if I didn't style my hair right so i came up with the perfect solution to have a cute new year style and stretch my 4c hair all at the same damn  time *future voice*.

Here it is:  





Hair Supplies:
1 Goody Ouchless Headband
Bobby Pins
Soft Bristle Hair Brush
Rat Tail Comb
Wide Toothed Comb
Small Perm Rods

Products Used:
Water (In Spray Bottle)
Cantu Shea Butter Growth Strong Strengthening Treatment
Shea Butter
Argon Oil 




 What I Did: 

I did this style on freshly washed and deep conditioned hair.

  • Using my rat tail comb, I made a section in the front of my hair for my bangs secured it out of the way by braiding it. 
  • I worked the Cantu Shea Butter, Shea Butter, and Argon Oil into the remaining hair. 
  • Next I smoothed the products into my hair with a soft bristle hair brush in an upwards motion.
  • With my Goody Ouchless Hairband, I secured my hair into a high puff and separated my puff into four sections of hair. 
  • Each section was further detangled with a wide toothed comb, twisted at the very ends, and secured under the neighboring section with a bobby pin. 
Close up of my bun!
  • Then  I loosed out the braid that was securing my bangs and re-twisted them into three two strand twists. 
  • For curl definition I wrapped each twist in a small perm rod.
  • Finally,  I wrapped my hair in a silk scarf overnight.
When I woke up this morning, my hair was completely dry and stretched, but there was no need to hectically style my hair into something for work.   All I did was take out the curling rods, unraveled each twist, and I was ready to go! 

No comments :

Post a Comment