1 Day of Peace + Self Reflection = Revamped LuvMika87

 






 "One of a Kind" Muscle Tee - Forever 21
Outerspace/Cross Print Leggings - Rainbow
Happy Tuesday! I've clearly been making some changes to the appearance of my blog and now it's time to explain why.  Have you ever just taken a day off from everything when you just need quiet, alone time to yourself?  It's usually to get a break from work, to relax and unwind from stressful moments in life, or just because you damn well  felt like it.  I'm going to assume you're nodding!  I took a day such as this one where I was just home and alone with my thoughts.  One of the thoughts that kept coming to mind, even before this  day of self reflection , was that I could be doing more.  I not only thought that I could do more but I could be more than what I am.  Being a single parent doesn't mean that what you love doing or wanted to become has to be sacrificed all together. 

It's never a good thing to not be doing what one genuinely loves doing because you'll just end up unhappy and bitter about anything and everything.  Photography, face/body art, creating styles in my natural hair, DIY projects, and just creating in general is what I absolutely love doing.  I started focusing on finding a way to maintain my happiness and to also become a better Mika by doing all the things I love.  That's when I realized that my blog would be the perfect place to house all my artistic ventures.  I would be able to share what I can do with the world, learn what I don't know from others, and hopefully inspire my readers to do what they love doing in their lives.

The Plan
My plan is not only to continue blogging but to incorporate my creations as an artist into my posts.  My photography capabilities will be forever tested because I will be taking all my photos for my blog posts regardless of what the subject of the blog post is.  My blog posts will feature my creations in any way, shape, or form. I want it to be 100% Mika.  The new look of my blog 100%.  Through research and various DIY Blog Design tutorials, I have made the changes you see here and will continue to make more changes.

Why are you doing this?
I just don't want to waste my life as a "9-to-5er", never seeing what I could really become if I pushed my creativity.  Who knows, maybe I'll be a pretty bad ass artist in the future that everyone wants to work with.  I don't know, but the point is I'll never know if I never try. 

-Mika

P.S. Stay tuned for a blog post on links that have been useful in helping me design my blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment